Developing and building a brand strategy and new business image from the ground up, can be both overwhelming and challenging. It is so easy for individuals to take the completely wrong approach to their brand strategy. Some companies launch without having a proper brand strategy in place at all!
The No. 1 Mistake in Brand Strategy & Building
Jumping in without researching the brand strategy and building process.
To building a proper business and branding plan, you must first know how the marketing industry works. You should learn about colours and how they trigger certain thought processes in the human brain. Learning about your competitors and making sure that you have a decision on your main target audience also are important steps.
For more information on some of the steps you can take to begin, read our Branding Steps Article here.
Another helpful form can be downloaded here, on learning about the colours in branding:
A Few Other Mistakes
- Unrealistic financial goals (it generally takes time for a new business to establish roots)
- Not focusing on the competition
- Avoiding research on the best ways to advertise in your area
- Taking “word of mouth” for granted – doing a good job for client is very important, especially in the beginning, even if you do not reap to many benefits financially… word of mouth is greater than gold
- Not using repetition in your marketing strategy
- Not having a solid plan on how to clearly indicate what your business does
- Avoiding learning about the best channels and ways to spread word of your business. Some easy examples of things to do to better your business projection: Google My Business & Website Security
- Not speaking to a professional about how organic searches work and how to ensure that your business comes up in searches such as Google
We would be more than happy to schedule a telephone discussion with you on some of the first steps you should take when building a brand strategy. From hearing more about your business, we can also provide you with our opinion on what your first steps should be.
We are also happy to assist you in writing a proper branding guideline plan, to keep your branding consistent in the future.